- 2 racks of lamb
- 75g fresh breadcrumb
- 25 g chopped fresh herb combinations –parsley and thyme etc – just leaves, no stalk
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 4-6 black garlic cloves, depending on size
- lemon zest to taste
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Blend all the ingredients other than the olive oil or butter in a food processor until well mixed.
- Add the oil to bind together.
Preheat oven to 200c/400f/gas 7
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle and lightly rub the lamb with oil and salt and pepper before sealing on all sides.
- Leave to cool before taking an amount of crumbs to form a “coat” on the top side of the racks, spreading and pressing down to form a thickness of about half cm.
- Roast either on a bed of vegetables or a rack for between 15 and 20 minutes depending on how pink you like your meat.
- Rest in a warm, draught-free place for 15 minutes.
- Carve either into cutlets or mini racks of three cutlets per person.
- Serve with your vegetable choice