- 2 cloves garlic
- 40 g ginger (thumb)
- 1 red chilli
- 2tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- tin chickpea
- 2 onions
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 50 g cashew nuts
- Peel and thinly slice garlic and ginger into matchsticks.
- Finely chop red chilli
- Warmgroundnut oil in a saucepan, add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for 2 or 3 minutes over a moderate heat, until the garlic is pale gold.
- Stir in 2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Let them cook for a couple of minutes then stir in 400g of canned, chopped tomatoes and leave to cook for 15 minutes, giving it the occasional stir.
- get separate pan
- Peel 2 onions, halve them then cut into thick segments.
- Cook the onions in 2 tbsp of olive oil until soft then add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and 50g of whole cashew nuts. Fry till the onions are soft and deep gold in colour.
- add chickpeas and stir into the tomato sauce. when warm put into 2 bowls
- Spoon the onion and cashews on top and serve,