- red chillies 2, seeded
- garlic 2 cloves
- ginger 4cm piece, peeled
- onion 1, chopped
- ground cumin and coriander and garam masala 1 tsp of each
- turmeric ½ tsp
- cloves 4
- skinless chicken breast 4, cut into large dice OR 1 Large Butternut Squash cubed
- red split lentils 150g
- chopped tomatoes 400g tin
- spinach 260g
- Put the chillies, garlic, ginger and onion in a small blender and blend to a paste. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large pan and fry the paste for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the spices and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken pieces/ Butternut and coat in the spices. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the lentils and chopped tomatoes with along with 1½ tins of water.
- Simmer for 25 minutes for chicken or until soft for the veg, season, then tip in the spinach and stir until wilted.