- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin pulled off and discarded
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 spring onions sliced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 large carrots, cut into batons (no need to peel)
- 400g new potatoes, halved if large
- 200g frozen pea
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- small handful fresh soft herbs, like parsley, chives, dill or tarragon chopped
- Put the kettle on. Fry the thighs in the oil in a casserole or wide pan with a lid to quickly brown.
- Stir in the whites of the spring onion with the flour and stock cubes until the flour disappears, then gradually stir in 750ml hot water from the kettle.
- Throw in the carrots and potatoes, bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Take off the lid and simmer for 15 mins more, then throw in the peas for another 5 mins. Season, stir in the mustard, green spring onion bits, herbs and some seasoning.