- 140g plain flour
- 140g wholemeal flour
- 7g sachet easy-blend yeast
- 1 tbsp melted butter
For the quick spice paste
- 2 fat garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red or green chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp ground fenugreek or ground coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- using a food processor, blend together the garlic, chilli, sesame seeds and ground spice to a thick paste. Work in the oil, then the coriander, to a spreading paste and season. Set aside.
- Put the flours, 1 tsp salt and yeast into a large bowl and mix.
- Stir 120ml tepid water into the melted butter, then mix this into the flour, adding extra drops of tepid water until you have a smooth dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 mins, then return to the bowl, cover and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled in size. This should take 1 hr.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll out each ball on a lightly floured surface to a rough 18cm circle the thickness of a 10p coin.
- Prick each one well with a fork to stop them rising. To cook on a barbecue: put the breads on the centre of the grill.
- Cook for a few mins, then turn and cook the other side. If using the paste, spread 1 tsp on one side as the breads come off the heat